More and more people are looking to install a spa for their home. After all, a spa is perfect for unwinding after a long day. But for many people, the reasons to choose an above-ground or in-ground spa are not clear right away. While price plays a big part, there are other factors. And we're here to help with some handy above-ground or in-ground spa pros and cons.
Should You Get an Aboveground or Inground Spa?
In-ground spas come with many of the same pros and cons as in-ground pools. Let's look at them.
- Looks great and adds value to your backyard
- Complements an in-ground pool nicely
- Easier access with steps down from ground level
- Made from a wide variety of materials
- Can add water features, such as a fountain
- Very expensive to build, maintain, and repair
- Less comfortable to sit in
- Only 15 water jets max
- Need to be pre-heated
- No easy lift-cover option
When you install a spa, you're looking forward to a vacation in your back yard. And we know that people will have their own opinions of what that looks like. But we think that an above-ground spa is the best option. Here’s why.
- Comfortable seating for all kinds of people
- Convenient – even on your back deck
- Up to 70 water jets
- Affordable on just about any budget
- Easy-to-use cover lifter
- Don’t need to be pre-heated – just jump in and relax
- Can be awkward to climb in – but you can easily install stairs
- Doesn't have a rich look – but keeps a sleek profile
Here at The Great Backyard, we want you to get what you want. And we’re happy to help. You're welcome to browse our great above-ground spas. Your backyard should be a place to relax and enjoy yourself. So don’t hesitate to call us today!