Calcium Hardness is used to raise calcium hardness in swimming pool water. Low calcium hardness may cause pool water to become corrosive which can result in etched plaster, corrosion of equipment and fixtures or may cause metallic stains. The Ideal range is 200 to 400 parts per million (ppm). The minimum calcium hardness level is 150 ppm.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Test water for hardness with test kit or strip
- If calcium hardness is below 200 ppm, determine the dosage of this product from the table below
- Broadcast product over the surface of the water while the pump is running. Do not pre-dissolve this product
- Do not add this product on the same day that either a pH increaser or an alkalinity increaser has been added to the pool water
- Retest the calcium hardness level after 24 hours and repeat treatment as necessary until the is in the ideal range